Well, hello again.
We have another batch of freshly catalogued zines to share with you. There’s a lot of them, so below is a selected list. Photos feature the large extent of them. Come check ’em out.
- Random Doodles // comics // odd-size // Ehab Arafeh
- The Fika Diaries // comic // half-size // Fiona Avocado
- Andina // comic // half-size // Ines Estrada
- Wish Zine // comics // half-size // Sae Kimura & Jordan Aelick
- Nice Try // comics // odd-size // Terence Love
- Node Pajomo XVI // art // half-size // various
- RONG!!!!!!! // art // half-size // anon
- Hello my name is Swarm // art // odd-size // Swarm
- Cheering for the Montreal Canadiens and other things I never did before // litzine // half-size // Em Cameron
- Recoverup // litzine // quarter-size // Em Cameron
- Routed // litzine // half-size // xxxblake
- Super Trans Powers // gender/queer // odd-size // various
- Weird Terrain – Musings from an Asexual Perspective #1 // gender/queer // half-size // anon
- The Free Wheel Problem, issue 2 // perzine // full size // anon
- One Girl Bicycle Club (no. 3-5) // perzine // quarter-size // anon
- Wrong Number Zine #1 // perzine // half-size // anon
- Diet Society // perzine // half-size // J. Anxiety
- Nuns I’ve Known // perzine // odd-size // Prunella Vulgaris
- The Wondrous Object // special interest // quarter-size // Cassandra Witteman
Well hello there.
We’ve been cataloguing, but not sharing our additions with you. How rude, right?
Here are some fresh entries waiting for you to read.
- Untitled//art//half-size//Jeffrey Cheung
- All Hopped Up!//art//half-legal//Liisa Morton
- areolas and eyelashes//perzine//half-size//geoff
- Black Women & Self Care: thoughts on mental health, oppression & healing//politics//half-size//Naomi Moyer
- Breaking//perzine//odd-size//Andrea Manica & Chanelle Foisy
- The Chakras: an introduction to the energy centres of the body//special interest//odd-size//Sonrisa
- Cruising no.1: The Park Issue//gender/queer//half-size//Michael V.
- fractured///enigmas // perzine//half-size//geoff
- from such memories//perzine//quarter-size//Sasha Tate-Howarth
- Girls Rock Camp 2013//fanzine//half-size//various
- The Happy Transsexual Hooker: a SEXY resource guide for Transsexual and Transgendered Sex Workers//gender-queer//half-size//Alex Bougeau & Tina Strang
- New Planet//litzine//half-size//Ivy Atoms
- Nonspace//gender/queer//half-size//Marcea Decker & Nadia Elokdah
- Pink Ink: Infinite Mythologies//litzine//half-size//various
- Pink Ink: These Words are Burning//gender/queer/ half-legal/various
- Pope Hats no.1//comics//odd-size//Ethan Rilly
- Tout va bien: numero neuf//fanzine//quarter-size//PJL
- Wash my dreams with ink//perzine//half-size//Mary Huang
- What I learned from living with the people I love /Learn to live with the people you love//perzine//quarter-size//Nicole E Schlosser (issue in french also available)
- What the Fuck is Molluscum Contagiosum?: an exploration of a viral infection//special interest//quater-size//byron
. . . and so many more
Hey zine lovers,
Check out this event from the lovely Toronto Queer Zine Fair folks:
Toronto Queer Zine Fair presents:
Midsummer Pop-Up Zine Market Fundraiser
Sunday August 2, 2015
Pop-up Market: 11 AM to 6 PM
Bands: 6 PM to 9 PM
D-Beatstro, 1292 Bloor Street West, Toronto
The Toronto Queer Zine Fair is a grassroots collective that aims to make space for queer and trans artists, writers and zinesters. The pop-up market is a chance to check out and grab some goods from some previous tablers at the annual Toronto Queer Zine Fair. This event will be raising funds for the upcoming Toronto Queer Zine Fair on October 17, 2015.
Suggested donation $5 / pay what you can / no one turned away.
The venue is a barrier-free wheelchair access space. It has a ramp entrance with two all gender bathrooms equipped with grab bars.
ASL has not been booked.
The safety and well-being of survivors will be prioritized. Known abusers who have not gone through accountability processes will not be able to attend or table and we reserve the right to ask abusers to leave the space.
Please come scent free.
No alcohol will be served. There will be coffee, tea and vegan eats for sale from D-Beatstro.
Facebook: Toronto Queer Zine Fair
Posted in DIY, events, zines
If you are reading this — aw, hey, so sweet. you still RSS, or something?
so we have replaced our computer (because our old one broke down) & now we are able to catalogue again. catalogging updates will show up here, once again, as we return to normal. next week.
this wednesday we our closed for Canada Day.
drawing club will be back next week. want to contribute something to the upcoming drawing club zine? come to drawing club, wednesdays 7-9.
save the date: 07-26-2015, 6pm
potluck & things
details announced very soon
by the way, your hair looks nice like that,
Hey zine lovers,
We hate to be closed two times in a row, but due to a lovely burst pipe at the Tranzac, the building is closed and thus is staffed hours today. We’re currently unsure about what the status will be tomorrow, so hold tight as we find out more info.
If you want to make a donation to the Tranzac to help with the clean-up, that would be much appreciated. Cash and credit are accepted in person at the club, or find the “Donate” button on the website (http://www.tranzac.org/).
Hey zine lovers,
Given that the weather in Toronto today is super cold (temperatures with the windchill lower than -30 degrees!), we want y’all to stay home and keep warm and cozy. Staffed hours are cancelled for today, and will resume on Tuesday when it will be less bitterly cold. Take care of yourselves!
– TZL staff
As most people are returning to the usual hustle and bustle this week, revel in the return of Drawing Club this Wednesday evening to seek some mid-week relief. All are welcome, no skills required.
Hello zine lovers,
The Toronto Zine Library will be taking a short holiday coinciding with other culturally significant holidays. We will be closed from Tuesday, December 23 to January 3, 2015. Regular staffed hours will resume Sunday, January 4 at 1-3 p.m.
Note that Drawing Club will be affected by this closure, and will resume in the new year.
If you need to get in contact with us, we will be periodically checking our e-mail – email@example.com
Looking into the new year, look out for postings of our annual potluck/AGM – we’d love to see you join us!
Take care, stay safe, and enjoy your holiday season!
Gendys Journal #7 / half-size / gender/queer / Alice Purnell, ed.
Gendys Journal #8 / half-size / gender/queer / Alice Purnell, ed.
Taking The Cake: an illustrated primer on asexuality / Half-size / Gender/Queer / Maisha
Sad Weekends #01: gender performativity, mother-daughter relationships, and internalized misogyny / quarter-size / Gender/Queer / Brittany N.
Hexasexual / odd-size / gender/queer / Alana Boltwood
Hey zine readers & makers, if you are in Toronto Saturday, Oct 4th, be sure to come to the 2nd annual Toronto Queer Zine Fair and visit our table! Located at United Steel Workers Hall – 25 Cecil Street, 11a.m.-7p.m. Check out the event page to see who else will be there: